Nasir is a public health specialist with more than 15 years of experience managing public health programmes in Ethiopia. He was awarded a BSc in Public Health and a Master of Public Health (MPH) from Jimma and Gondar Universities, respectively. He also obtained an MBA from Ashland University, USA/Leadstar University College in Ethiopia.
Nasir possess strong leadership skills and programme management capacity with an excellent track record of managing functional projects. He has an accomplished academic background and impressive leadership and problem-solving skills, particularly in the global public health programmes field. He has worked on projects including social behaviour change communication (SBCC), primary health care systems, sexual reproductive health programmes, neglected tropical diseases, MNCH Nutrition, HIV/AIDS and private health sector programmes with outstanding achievements in all.
He has held the following management positions for global organizations:
- Director, primary Health Care Transformation Initiative – Yale University
- Program Manager, Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD)- Fred Hollows Foundation
- Regional Manager HIV prevention Care and Treatment – Population service International
- Regional Manager – Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Program
- Senior Program officer, Private Health sector program- USAID/Abt Associates
Tel: +251 911735158