Home / UK Visa Applications

UK Visa Applications

Those outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to undertake a short course of study in the United Kingdom should check the country-specific visa requirements at their local British Embassy, High Commission or Consulate.

Course participants who require a visa should apply for a ‘student visitor’ visa as described on the UK Border Agency website. Check the visa processing times and ensure you allow enough time for your application to be processed before you travel.

BACPSA is accredited as a non-collegiate provider by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education. Accreditation covers courses delivered in the UK only. We can provide course participants with a letter in support of their UK visa application on receipt of

  1. their course application;
  2. full payment of the course fees; and
  3. a scanned copy of their passport photo page.

The training we provide is at an academic level equivalent to a masters level (FHEQ level 7), requiring a high level of English language ability.

PSA will issue a waiver of the English language test requirement for trainees who need a visa to train in the UK, provided that the trainee shows evidence of having obtained a degree from a reputable institution where the medium of instruction and assessment is entirely in English.

Participants should also have up-to-date comprehensive travel insurance (including medical insurance where applicable) to cover their time in the UK.

If a visa application is not successful, you should inform PSA as soon as possible and we will refund the course fee in full, on receipt of a scanned copy of the rejection letter.