Health and Safety Policy
Pamela Steele Associates (PSA) Ltd is committed to the highest standards of excellence in all that it does. This commitment applies equally to the way PSA treats its responsibilities for the health and safety of its staff, trainees, visitors and other persons, who (though not employees) might be affected by PSA’s work activities.
The Managing Director has overall responsibility for health and safety and for bringing to the notice of all employees the company’s health and safety policy.
The Programme Support Officer has day-to-day responsibility for ensuring this policy is put into practice.
It is the policy of PSA to take all reasonable practical measures to:
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health by managing the health and safety risks in the workplace
- Provide clear instructions and information, and adequate training, to ensure employees are competent to do their work
- Engage and consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions
- Implement emergency procedures – evacuation in case of fire or other significant incident.
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe storage/use of substances
It is also the policy of PSA to ensure that all members of staff are aware of their individual responsibilities under health and safety legislation to exercise care in relation to themselves and others who work with them. It is the duty of every employee to:
- take care of their own health and safety and that of other persons who might be affected by their actions or omissions, and seek expert advice in any case of doubt;
- warn of any special or newly identified risks in existing procedures or the ones to be introduced;
- report accidents or incidents promptly;
- familiarise themselves with fire and emergency drills and escape routes at their places of work and venues hired for residential training courses.
Where self-employed persons or contractors and their employees carry out work on PSA premises, they must comply with safety regulations and standards applicable to their operations and the PSA safety rules.
The policy is reviewed annually under the supervision of the Managing Director.
|Health and safety law poster is displayed at (location)||Pocket cards issued to all members of staff|
|First-aid box is located at||PSA Office|
|Accident book is located at||PSA Office|