Pamela Steele Associates (PSA) is a strategic consulting, research and training company dedicated to improving supply chain management within the health and humanitarian sectors in developing countries. It provides sustainable solutions to build in-country capacity at individual, and organisational, levels to reduce dependency on external support.
PSA is a female-owned, niche business founded by Pamela Steele in 2013. Its headquarters are in Oxford, United Kingdom, with an office in Kenya and roots firmly in Africa. Working with international NGOs, the United Nations and governments, we research, train and provide technical assistance to organisations, deploying interim managers and technical expertise to strengthen supply chains in collaboration with client organisational teams.
At PSA, we are committed to excellence in all we do – for our clients, for our colleagues, for our communities, and, ultimately, for the beneficiaries who are at the heart of what we do. This collaborative culture transcends organisational and geographic boundaries.
PSA is accredited by the British Accreditation Council for Independent Further and Higher Education as a Short Course Provider and is also ISO 9001:2008 certified
We teach you to do it yourself
We help you and your organisation become as effective as possible. Our open training courses have been developed by health and humanitarian experts to ensure that they reflect current and emerging best practices in supply chain management and supply chain capacity development.
While we offer a wide range of courses in our advertised open training programme, we also know that these standard courses, training schedule, or training location may not fit your plans. Examples of circumstances where you may need more bespoke attention include:
- You may wish to train together with your partners so that they receive the same important messages
- A team of colleagues all need the same course, but want to attend training together at a more convenient time and/or location
- You need a course that is designed for your nature of operations, procedures, or working environment
Helping you decide what training you require:
- We offer a free no-obligation consultation to help you choose the right course within your available budget, and we provide follow-up support throughout your decision-making process
- We will discuss with you the purpose of the training and the desired outcomes you wish to see
- You may decide that one of our open class room courses is what you need – or it may be that you would like us to adapt an existing course, or even write a brand new course for you, to meet the identified training needs. We can do all of this.
We find out the facts for you
How we can help you:
- We can conduct research and gather information that is relevant to your requirements
- We can provide targeted health and humanitarian supply chain content for your communications – your website, newsletters, presentations
- We can identify appropriate sources of information to help you to conduct your own research
- We can facilitate post-program reviews, to compile lessons learned that can be fed back into your knowledge management system
We work with you and for you
Our consultancy covers the following areas:
- Performing health and humanitarian supply chain system assessments
- Developing health and humanitarian supply chain strategies
- Supply chain design
- Carrying out business process mapping and re-engineering
- Change management
- Supply chain performance evaluation
- Supply chain audits
- Carrying out impact assessments
- Supplier pre-qualification
- Human resource for supply-chain competence assessment
- Mentoring and coaching
We fill the gap
PSA maintains a skills bank of supply chain consultants from Africa and elsewhere. We can provide interim managers for your critical procurement, and supply chain and logistics management functions while you look for permanent solutions.